Peanut Free Safe & Healthy Options for “Back to School” Snacks by Karla
by Karla Hamal R.D., MedXCom Nutritional Consultant
Peanut free does not have to be boring!
- Fresh apple slices with T. Mazetti’s carmel apple dip
- Make healthy trail mix : use Sun-Maid Raisins, Jet puffed mini marshmallows and Rice Chex cereal
- A Bag of Orville Redenbacher, Pop Secret or Healthy Choice Popcorn
- Jello Vanilla, Chocolate or Oreo pudding with 6 Animal Crackers (Barnum, Zoo, Austin)
- 2 Fig Newtons (any flavor) with Yogurt (in individual cups or tubes, avoid soy yogurt most contain nut allergens)
- Applesauce cups
- Fresh vegetables with hummus or ranch vegetable dip
- String Cheese with 6 Keebler Town House Crackers, 6 Wheat Thins or 6 Triscuits
- Honey Maid Honey Graham Crackers with light cream cheese
- Dried Fruit
Read labels carefully to make sure products are nut free. Always read the label to make sure that products have not changed.
Include the label to ensure the classroom a safe environment. Your kids will enjoy snack time with new and creative snack ideas!